The Silva 55-6400/360 MS Mils Compass replaces the NSN’d Silva 54/6400B Compass. It is more distinct, easier to read.
This compass is probably the most resourceful compass in the world for artillery; target acquisition and command posts.
The 55 is a unique compass featuring both an optical precision sighting system and a SILVA 1-2-3 SYSTEM compass in the same unit, giving unbeatable precision and versatility in the field. Bearings can be taken with accuracy to within half a degree.
The compass has a luminous graduation ring and markings for compass reading in the dark. Once activated by daylight/ flashlight it will give light up to 4 hours of light. 6400 mils on the graduation ring and 6400 mils + 360 degrees on the sighting scale.
Includes a Slope card calculate avalanche risk, determine how challenging your journey will be. Scale Lanyard includes 2 scales (1:25, 1:50), soft and bendable, easy to place directly on to your route on the map.
This is a Magnetic South – Southern Hemisphere compass.
- Type of compass:SILVA 1-2-3 System, base-plate compass
- Lensatic precision sighting system
- Liquid filled capsule
- Sapphire jewel bearing
- High quality steel needle
- Hardened steel pivot
- Magnifying lens:Yes
- Luminous markings:Yes
- Luminous graduation ring:Yes
- Illumination / active time after activation in light: 4 hours
- Silicon friction feet: Yes
- Patented red/black N/S lines in capsule
- GPS scales
- Scale lanyard (1:25, 1:50)
- Slope card
- Graduation Outer ring: 6400
- Sighting scale: 6400/360
- Resolution degrees / mils Outer ring: – / 50
- Precision sighting scale: 1 / 20
- Measuring scalesBase plate: mm, inch
- UTM position plotting scales (Romer scales)1:25k, 1:50k, 1:40k
- Settling time from 90 degree angle within +/- 3 deg 4 sec
- Settling time from 90 degree angle to complete rest 6 sec
- Accuracy+/- 0,5 degree (8,9 mils)
- Water resistance:Waterproof
- Altitude use:5000m@-15 C
- Impact resistance:30g in X Y Z directions and free fall from 1.5 m height into gravel
- Temperature operating range: -30 to +60 C
- Material: Acrylic
- Size (mm) 126x60x16
- Weight: 39 grams