Guide To Maintaining Your WKC Sword
We recommend the following general maintenance guidelines to ensure the optimum life of your sword.
- Acids from finger marks can react with metals and corrode the metal over time.
- Salts and other corrosive contaminate can collect on metal surfaces over time and can also corrode the metal.
- Water or humidity can affect all parts of the swords
On-Going Care and Maintenance
- After each use, completely wipe the sword with a clean, dry cloth to remove fingerprints, perspiration, and any residue.
- All ferrous materials, including “stainless” steel will rust to varying degrees if not maintained after prolonged exposure to the elements.
- Whether displaying or storing your sword, periodically clean and wipe your sword and scabbards with a lightly oiled cloth to protect your sword.
- We recommend storing the sword unsheathed from the scabbard if storing for prolonged periods of time.
- If shipping or transporting your sword by air, securely wrap the sword in plastic to minimise condensation on the cool sword surfaces as the sword moves from the cooler high altitudes.